Monday, November 26, 2007

Well,

Sue picked up the rest of the pups yesterday. After they left I sat on the floor where 15 minutes earlier, they were running wild as a group for the last time. I was surrounded by newspaper, toys, gates; all the things that a bunch of pups need to enjoy themselves. Dawn had left. It was just too much. All I felt was empty. “I am not good at this part. How am I going to ever do this again if I fall apart every time a puppy goes to its new home?” I thought to myself. Then oddly enough, I thought, “I hope I never get good at this part” The same thing that makes you sleep on an air mattress for three weeks, makes you put everything else you have going in your life on hold for the welfare of these pups, also makes you fall apart when they leave.

I am wrestling about what to do with this blog. At some point, I will compile all of it from day one in some from or another. Hey Becky. Can you get me published so I can be a famous writer and go live in Paris?

As for now, if Sue leaves the link up, maybe a few posts a week, with pictures naturally,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks everyone for your kind words, and support. And to all the new owners of my first litter: tommyjd@comcast.net

Updates and photos will be accepted!!

ps: grace, calm down!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how you feel with all the pups leaving. I know it must be hard on you and Dawn. However, what you have done in raising these incredible pups will bring so many years of happiness to homes like mine. Scott / Zoey / and I are anxiously awaiting Ava's arrival on Wednesday... We will ensure that you have plenty of pictures and updates... we Spent Thanksgiving telling everyone in the family about her and showing them pictures.

I know that Zoey is anxious to have another dog in the house. I know she will assume the role of big sister easily....

Thank you for all you have done with these puppies

We are setting up camp in the living room as I write this. we will be spending the first few nights in the living room on the camp mattress and all being a big family getting to know one another and bonding as a family.

David / Scott / Zoey

patti pella said...

Hello Tom! I am sitting at the hotel in Duluth with the most beautiful little puppy in my lap as I write. Tomorrow we will finish the drive back to Marathon where my two oldest children and husband will get to meet Lana.

She is gifted. She cried as we left Sue...no, actually she screeched. It took about five minutes of cuddling for her to snuggle in and fall asleep. She woke up in North Branch, and very daintily barfed right into a container my friend held for her...no mess, no fuss. The she went for a little walk, did her lap business and hopped back into the van for the rest of the ride.

I apologize for any spelling mistakes, she is chewing the keys as I type.

Once we arrived at the hotel, she met the staff who had been eagerly wiating to meet her and pranced to her new room. The two two year olds played with her and made her bed and she just fit in like she's always been here with us. We were all pretty tired from the drive so we all crashed, and she's just woken up,I took her out of the crate and she did her business outside, we're heading back to bed now, but I saw the computer and just couldn't resist!

I will keep you posted but had to let you know what an amazing girl she is and how happy and fun she is, and how she followed my son (2) on her leash like she's been doing it forever....

Thank you so much for giving her such a great start. Talk to you soon. Patti

Thomas said...

Glad to hear she is doing ok. It was tough to let them go, but good homes like yours, David, and Scotts make it a lot easier.

Sorry she barfed. Our Sam gets a little car sick also.

As for giving her a great start, it was our pleasure. She is a sweetheart, as is Ava.

David and Scott, let me know when Ava arrives, and remember,

PICTURES PLEASE !!

Anonymous said...

A wise woman once told me that every dog she every had left a little piece of themselves in her heart. I know that these puppies left something in your heart. Your writing just confirms to me what a great start these pups got from you in their lives.

You need to put this blog into a publishable form for sure!!! Dog Fancy?

Believe me, you're already a famous author, as I have all my friends reading this blog!

Becky